Wednesday, March 25, 2009

how about a plus sign?

well i'm at work. i came in yesterday to pick up some pictures and things that i had on my desk, and my boss asked me to cover for the receptionist who is on vacation this week. she is also going to have me do a few things at home for her. i am so happy about this. not only does it mean some extra money (which we badly need) but i have really missed being at work. even though i'm just sitting at the front desk to answer phones, the paralegal i worked for had me do some filing for her because i do such a good job. it's been so nice to hear everyone say they are glad to see me and they have missed me.

the past few days i have been feeling better, too, which is soooo nice, i can't even tell you. headache is still there but not as bad. nausea is still there but i'm keeping most everything down. dizziness sometimes when i stand too fast but i'm trying really hard not to do that.

my grandmother is still in the ICU. we had a scare on sunday--she nearly didn't make it through saturday night. i went to see her yesterday. she is in an extraordinary amount of pain and was in and out of coherency. my grandfather, however, said that she looks better than she had in a few days, ate some pudding (first food since saturday morning) and they were managing her pain pretty well. she has a very long, hard road ahead but i am trying to be optimistic. hubby and i decided that if our baby is a girl we will give her my grandma's name for a middle name. i love my grandma so much and i couldn't bear to lose her right now. she should live another twenty years. i have been praying so hard for her.

well it's about time to go home. thanks for putting up with my complaining. hopefully things will start looking up and my attitude will change--i'm really trying hard to be happier, more optimistic, and a better person.

4 comments:

Kaylynn said...

I hope everything works out for your grandma. It's really hard to be positive when you are feeling so sick!

Blog Stalker said...

It is definitely hard to be positive let alone think positively, but you are doing a bang up job. hang in there and keep looking for the good in your life.

Have a great day!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

:0)

Bev said...

Hey plus signs are good. I'm not feeling them lately but they are there. Hopefully you get alot me