Sunday, March 22, 2009

be still, my soul

haven't posted in awhile. i've been really sick. going to the dr again tomorrow. hubby had to give me an IV to get some fluids in my system....one day i was so weak i couldn't even walk. and my grandma is doing much worse. they didn't think she would make it through the night. we are heading over to the hospital as soon as hubby gets off work. i am scared and worried.

went to a baby blessing this morning. i actually blow dried my hair, did my makeup, and shaved my legs. crazy, i know. i feel better about myself when i get dressed up but hate doing it. on the way there i listened to a CD i got at a youth conference 8 years ago. for the life of me i can't remember the artist's name but the CD is full of beautiful hymn arrangements that are all about the Savior.

i want to share one of my favorite hymns with you...i'm trying to sing it in my head and take the words to heart right now.

be still, my soul: the Lord is on they side;
with patience bear thy cross of grief or pain
leave to thy God to order and provide:
in ev'ry change he faithful will remain.
be still, my soul, thy best, thy heav'nly friend
thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
to guide the future as He has the past.
thy hope, thy confidence, let nothing shake;
all now mysterious shall be bright at last.
be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.

be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
when we shall be forever with the Lord,
when disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
be still, my soul: when change and tears are past,
all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

3 comments:

Devri said...

I have to tell you I sooo know how you feel, pregnancy is horrible for me too, infact for the first 4 I had a pick line and a ng tube down my nose to give me nutrients. yuck, I hope you feel better soon. I will keep your family and grandmother in my prayers.

Bev said...

I am still praying for you. I had o many miscarriages before I actually had a baby that I found myself being comforted by the sickness. the days I felt good I was filled with dread that the pregnancy was ending. Just a thought. I helped me as I sat on the cold bathroom floor staring in to the toilet.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

That is also one of my very favorite hymns, I feel so validated when I ponder the words. Thanks for that chance to reconnect with my Savior today. :)

PS-My prayers are coming your way!