Sunday, November 16, 2008

a few things i love most about being a mommy

the way little buddy giggles when i tickle him (and how giggly he gets at night when he's tired---you look at him and he laughs hysterically!)

how big he grins at me!

the compliments we get from people about what a good baby he is and how adorable he is (because he is the cutest, most well-behaved baby i've ever seen!)

the way he watches me when i'm moving around

baby toes...baby fingers...baby hair (like cornsilk)...his BIG blue eyes...soft baby skin...his cute little baby bum...baby fat rolls on his thighs....tiny little teeth...

how he will crawl after me if i go into another room

the way he reaches out for me to hold him

when i pick him up he (usually) stops crying--even if someone else was already holding him

getting to cuddle with him when he eats. he used to be so cuddly--he wouldn't sleep at all unless he was being held. now he won't sleep at all if he is held. he has so much energy, the only time he will sit still and let me cuddle him is when he's eating.

getting up with him at night, when it's quiet and dark, and nursing him. i love to just hold him and watch him eat. (even though getting up a lot at night isn't so fun.)

watching him grow and learn new things. i can't believe how big he is, and how fast he is learning. i bet he will be walking very soon, and he's only 9 months old.

listening to the way he "sings" himself to sleep

watching him with my husband. he sure loves his daddy.

listening to him talk. he loves to hear himself make noise!

seeing him sleep at night, with his legs curled under him and his butt stuck up in the air.

getting to dress him in fun clothes, and watch as he grows out of them (so fast!)

having a reason to walk down the toy aisle at wal-mart :)

how he will reach out and touch my face when i'm holding him

seeing his personality emerge as he gets older

knowing (usually!) why he is upset, and what he needs, and how to take care of it

the way he climbs all over everything

how he puts a toy in his mouth and crawls around with it dangling

the sound of him panting like a dog--he loves to do that!

being so proud of him, and feeling more love for him than i ever thought was possible

learning more about myself, who i am and what kind of person i can be, just by being a mother
-----------------------------------------------
what are your favorite things about being a mommy (or daddy)? and if you don't have kids yet, what do you look forward to the most?

6 comments:

Stephen said...

babies are so, so sweet sometimes. this was a great post.

Judi said...

Stopping by to thank you for visiting my blog and your kind words. Take care!

tiki_lady said...

awe, such a sweet post!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I miss the baby phase sometimes...but I love hearing my boys say "I love you", and I love comforting them when they are sad, and I love Mother's Day morning with the sweet handmade gifts they give me. :)

JAG said...

Oh I love that he sings himself to sleep! That's so adorable!

kaitlyn.e said...

Sometimes I hold a baby and it starts crying and the mom takes the baby and the baby stops crying. I think one day I would like to be the mom in that situation.