so georgie over at decisionally challenged (this great blog i recently ran across) posted this little meme. i decided it would be a fun thing to do to kind of relax a bit.
so here's the deal: she gave me a letter (the letter E) and i have to come up with 10 things i love that begin with the letter e. so here we go!
1. elephants: i love elephants. they are my mom's favorite animal, and i think she gave that to me (even though they aren't my favorite.) they're majestic animals, beautiful, and i love to watch them move. did you ever see that episode of reading rainbow (or is it sesame street?) where they show the elephants getting a bath? to the tune of "splish splash." i always thought it was so cool they used these huge brooms to scrub them down.
2. energy: i couldn't live without it. lately i have had NONE to do ANYTHING (even eat, most of the time) and i sorely miss it. i look forward to getting it back!
3. email: what would we do without email? what did we do before we had email? the instantaneous communication is awesome. plus, you don't have to go looking for stamps. or buy stamps. (even though i ADORE snail mail, there is a reason why it is called snail mail.) hubby and i communicate through email a lot when i'm at work, and it's great.
4. egyptian art: pyramids, frescoes, statues, idols, tapestries...oh the list could go on. beauty meets function. hubby and i were watching antiques roadshow the other day (which i love teehee) and some guy brought in this little idol of a falcon, which was supposed to be for the god horace, i think. anyway, the inside was hollow and it used to contain a mummified falcon as an offering to the god. beautiful. i loved it.
5. electricity: oh, electricity. heat. light. a/c. the ability to use my computer/blow dryer/plug in my cell phone/listen to my cds/watch tv/live comfortably.
6. eyes, and eyesight (i'm combining the two): i am an artist. i adore art history. what would i do without my eyes? my life would not be the same. i would not be the same. plus, i think it's pretty darn cool that i can check out hubby's butt (which is pretty darn sexy). and to see the smile on my baby's face, and his beautiful blue eyes. i would be miserable without my eyesight.
7. eiffel tower: someday i want to visit. someday i want a cliche kiss from hubby at the top, overlooking paris at night. ah, c'est la vie.
8. ernie (as in burt and ernie from sesame street): georgie mentioned sesame street on her blog and it made me think about ernie. he was my favorite character on sesame street, with his rubber ducky. when i was a kid i had an ernie doll that taught me how to do buttons, zippers, tie shoelaces, etc. you know, one of those fun dolls. i loved it.
9. education: i love learning new things. i'm glad i've been able to have such a great education. i adored high school (at least the academics, haha) and was kind of a nerd, i always got good grades and studied hard. i would love to be able to go back to college someday and finish my degree. i think a good education is vital, not just in the career world but also to increase our brain capabilities.
10. english: one of my favorite subjects. mostly because i love to read. i hated grammar, which i suck at. i know what is and what isn't correct (most of the time) but you ask me to point out the participle and i'll give you a blank stare. ask me to point out the noun and verb in "the dog ran" and i could do it but that's probably about it.
if anyone would like to participate in this and put in on their own blog, leave me a comment with your email address and i'll pick a fun letter for you!
even better, go into your blogger profile and enable the reply by email thingy so every time you leave a comment i can reply by email. you have no idea how often i go to reply to the fun comments you leave and i can't because there's no email! and i usually don't reply right on my blog, because i seriously doubt most of you, if any of you, check back to see if i left you a comment. i never do when i leave comments on other blogs. and, if i were to respond on your blog, it would be all weird and out of place. so that would be freaking awesome.