Wednesday, March 13, 2013

yeah i'm awesome because i have an awesome easel and that makes me awesome.

so for my birthday hubby and the kids got me a freaking awesome field easel.  it packs up all nice and small and fits in a canvas bag, and is super adjustable.  so look at how cool my easel is and ignore my messy house.  (in my defense, i have a three year old, a five year old and a husband.  plus i'm a crappy housekeeper, so there.) 

i was so excited about my freaking awesome easel that i suddenly became prolific in my art production.  i did a really difficult and time-consuming paint-by-number, which turned out pretty well.


then i was perusing pinterest and found this cool sketch done by picasso of a mother holding her child.  it was unfinished, but i loved it so much that i did an acrylic of it, and finished it in my own style.  i love the way it turned out (mostly) and it's now hanging in my entryway.





hubby asked me to paint something just for him, so for valentine's day i did this one.  he is studying applied cognition and neuroscience (if you just said "wait, what?" i feel ya.  big words.  he's studying the brain because he's a brainy brain lover.  hehe.)  so i looked at some brain scans and came up with this.  pretty cool, eh?

want to know what my next painting is?  well...YOU could decide!  because it could be for YOU!  so go enter my giveaway RIGHT NOW, because you KNOW you WANT TO!

what are you waiting for?  click here!  enter!  you won't regret it if you do, but you will regret it if you don't!

1 comment:

peachytiffers said...

I love the pic of the mother and baby. So much! I also like the brain one, I saw that when you first posted it on facebook and loved it then too.