Sunday, September 21, 2008

joining the land of the public blogs

i've been blogging privately for a few months now, and i love it. but in the discovery of the blogging community, i have decided it is possible to blog and still maintain my anonymity--if certain precautions are taken. so here goes, i'm giving it a shot! i hope that this blog will enable me to make friends with so many of the women i have come to admire in the past few weeks, and to be able to use my life experiences to help and entertain others.

in the process of deciding to create this blog, i thought a lot about what i should call it, and what the content of it should be. then a quote i read awhile ago came to mind:

A Rothko painting "is not a picture of an experience, it is an experience." (Anonymous Rothko Admirer).

i am a nut for all things art and art history. and in thinking about what this person said, it really resonated with me. not only because i COMPLETELY agree (i absolutely adore mark rothko), but also because i can use this blog as a picture of my experience.

my life has been a roller coaster of ups and downs. and as a relatively newly married woman and a young mother, i may not have the same perspective as many. but please feel free to leave your comments (i love comments!) however, if you know me personally, know who i am or who my family members are, please, please please, do not use our names or give any specifics (such as where we live) that could jeopardize our anonymity.

thank you, and happy reading!

1 comment:

Carina said...

I'm nuts for Rothko too.