my bucket list. the beginnings of it, anyway.
1. have my own gallery show. even if it means building my own gallery in my backyard out of refrigerator boxes and inviting the neighbors.
2. visit europe...paris, london, venice, florence, prague, rome. at least.
3. see a rothko, pollock, and klimt in person.
4. feel beautiful.
5. be able to sit for five minutes and feel nothing but peace...no worry, anxiety, depression. just peace.
6. watch my children grow up to be happy people.
7. finish a bachelor's degree at least, maybe a graduate degree. in art.
8. feel like a real artist...not an amateur pretending to be a real artist.
9. have a room in my house that i can hang art prints all over, so when i'm depressed, i can walk into that room and be surrounded by joy.
10. find out the secret to being happy.
11. go to the smithsonian, moma, louvre, musee d'orsay and any other art museum i can get myself to.
12. see a broadway play on broadway.
14. watch a sunset that takes my breath away from beginning to end.
15. write a book.
16. learn to play clair de lune. if not perfectly, then at least accurately.
17. take more piano lessons. get better at playing. find time to practice.
18. learn to make those around me happy. with no reservations.
19. speak another language passably.
20. purchase an original work of art that i love. buy a couch to match the art. inform couch salesman that it is ridiculous to buy art to match a couch. it should be done the other way around.
21. paint something i am truly happy with, that i can look at without second guessing or critiquing.
22. own a four-poster canopy bed.
23. dress up in a regency ball gown.
24. be a good person, wife, mother, daughter and friend.
25. sleep under the stars on a clear night; learn to identify a few constellations.
Things on my bucket list I've already accomplished:
1. got married in the Salt Lake City temple
2. became a mother
3. confronted and forgave my abuser
4. dyed my hair black
5. played Frank Lloyd Wright's piano (although i didn't realize it was a bucket list thing until i'd done it...i played Chopin's "Polonaise in G Minor" in Taliesin West when i was 18.)