Wednesday, January 13, 2010

pooh's grand adventure

isn't it funny how when you're really struggling you tend to come across something that makes you stop and think twice?

i've really been struggling lately. my depression is out of control....and i've been having anxiety, no sleep, and i easily get trapped inside my head.

this morning i started reading a book to little buddy. it's a new one that he got for christmas that we haven't read together. it's called "pooh's grand adventure." in the story, it is the last day of summer and christopher robin will begin school the next day. after a day of playing in the hundred acre wood, christopher robin tries to tell pooh goodbye.

he says, "pooh bear, if there's ever a tomorrow when we're not together, there's something you must remember:

you're braver than you believe,
and stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think."

it might be a coincidence...maybe it is...but i'd like to think it isn't. after all of the praying i've been doing, pleading for strength, and for help, perhaps this is an answer.

if i can memorize those three lines, and repeat them to myself over and over, maybe i'll start to believe them about myself.

i'm braver than i believe,
i'm stronger than i seem,
and smarter than i think.

8 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

C, you are AWESOME. You are seriously brave and strong and smart and I love you.

Jen said...

I agree with Kaitlyn, and you know what?
I don't believe in coincidence. :)

Marj aka Thriver said...

I think we survivors should each get that message tattooed on ourselves! ;) I'm glad that message was there for you in a Pooh Bear book!

This would be a great reminder for survivors for The Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse, if you feel like submitting it. We have another edition on 1/29. Take gentle care. thinking of you! xxxx hugs

AmyPoll said...

Hang in there...that sounds like a great book...for kids and us moms. We love you and know that you are a strong woman...hang in there.

Kate said...

I heard this kind of stuff more than twenty years ago when I first started healing. I would try to tell it to myself and it was hard to see. Now I see it. It was true all along. I believe it is true all along for all of us. Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Patricia Singleton said...

What great words of encouragement those were for you when you needed them. I don't believe in simple coincidences either. These words came to you because of your prayers, because you needed them. The Universe is a truly wonderful and alive place.

Anonymous said...

You are indeed brave. I sometimes have trouble 'seeing' what it takes to answer my prayers. I am envious, yet so glad you are healing.

Marj aka Thriver said...

I'm so glad you shared this with us for the BLOG CARNIVAL AGAINST CHILD ABUSE. It's such a great message. Thanks!