Monday, September 14, 2009

two weeks

i am 38 weeks along today.....and going crazy. ha! i already am crazy. i keep psyching myself out every time i feel a contraction coming on. last week we saw the doctor and i had already progressed to 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. we were really excited about that! with little buddy i was firm and closed up right until i went into labor. in fact, after about six hours of being in active labor i was only dilated to 2 cm.

the thing about that is now i'm even more paranoid about every stupid braxon-hicks contraction i have. i feel it start and i think, is this one going to hurt? is this the start of real labor? should i look at the clock and be timing this? when is the next one going to happen? and every night i fall asleep wondering if i'll be woken up in the middle of the night going into labor. every morning i wake up and i'm still pregnant and i wonder, is today the day? will our baby come today? then i go back to bed at night, still pregnant, shaking my fist at the labor gods because i'm still HUGE and i'm still waddling and my hips are still hurting and will this baby EVER come?????

the ironic thing is i still have two weeks left. two weeks! i shouldn't be crazy like this already, especially considering my track record. of course i've only got one baby to compare this to, but little buddy was born one day before his due date. it's more than likely that this pregnancy will last right up until the end as well.

poor hubby is going crazy too, mostly from stress. i'm stressing him out which is normal (i am his wife....and wives stress out their husbands....even if they don't mean to....right?) and he's also stressed because of work, money, lack of sleep, and the impending birth of our baby. he is excited and terrified just like me.

well we're down to two weeks. two weeks.....two weeks....i can't believe it.

two weeks!

3 comments:

Enola said...

My first one was late and I had to be induced. So I told myself with the second that I would NOT be impatient as my due date rolled around. yeah right. You can't help that. Every little twinge sent me wondering. They say more people end up at the hospital in false labor with the second or more pregnancies because the Braxton Hicks get stronger. And because they tend to dialate/efface quicker and think they are progressing. That was me - I was sure I was going any minute, any day. But it does happen. And you forget all about the waiting and the impatience.

Hang in there!

Marj aka Thriver said...

I know the end is nerve wracking. My son was about a week past due and it was the longest week of my life. Hang in there. Beautiful baby coming!

VICKI IN AZ said...

I hated this part of the process too!
You put it into words perfectly. You are so not alone girl!!