Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ten Years

 

"Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings,
but they cannot
touch the foundation of America.
 These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent
the steel of American resolve.
 America was targeted for attack because
we are the brightest beacon for freedom
and opportunity in the world.
 And no one will keep that light from shining."
President George W. Bush
September 11, 2001
 
Photos taken by my husband at our local healing field 2011


This post is a few days late.  I have been thinking about it for awhile.
Ten years have passed.
What can I say?
I think about that day...and tears fall.  My chest aches, my throat constricts.

I will never forget.  NEVER.  My children, as they grow, will not understand, but they will know.  They didn't live through it, but they will know of it.

There is nothing to say....only everything to feel.

10 years seem like a day.

No comments: